Create your own balanced smoothie
Smoothies can be an easy way to add extra fruit and vegetable to your diet giving you a diverse range of vitamins, minerals and fibre. Most people like to have a smoothie in the morning for breakfast while others have it as a snack or pre & post work out. Great news you can make smoothies to your taste and you can be as creative as you like.
My formula to building a healthy smoothie is: -
1. Add 1 cup of water, coconut water or dairy free milk.
2. Choose one serving of fruit
3. Add 1 cup of vegetables; leafy greens, celery, cucumber, zucchini cauliflower, cabbage, carrot or beetroot.
4. A tablespoon of healthy fats; avocado, nuts, seeds or nut/seed butter
5. Add some protein; protein powder or some Greek yogurt